Ageing and genetics can leave loose skin, wrinkles, and fat deposits around the eyes, making them look puffy or tired. Eyelid lift surgery (blepharoplasty) is a surgical procedure that rejuvenates the eyes by adjusting the eyelids and surrounding tissues. By removing excess skin and fat and tightening the remaining tissues around the eyes, blepharoplasty helps individuals regain a refreshed appearance.
Rejuvenating Your Eyes
Eyelid Lift Surgery Techniques
- Rejuvenates the upper eyelids
- Eliminates sagging skin, wrinkles, and displaced fat in the area directly above the eyes
- Corrects upper eyelid hooding to reverse vision impairment
- Small incisions are hidden along the creases in the upper eyelids
- Mr Gwanmesia removes excess skin and fat from the upper eyelids
- The tissues are tightened to refresh your appearance and restore full sight lines
- Can be performed alone or in conjunction with lower blepharoplasty and/or other facial procedures, such as brow lift surgery or facelift surgery
- Rejuvenates the lower eyelids
- Eliminates sagging skin, wrinkles, and fat “bags” beneath the eyes
- Small incisions are made either just below the lash line or on the inner lining of the lower eyelids (the conjunctiva)
- Mr Gwanmesia removes excess skin and fat to reduce puffiness and wrinkles under the eyes
- Can be performed alone or in conjunction with upper blepharoplasty and/or other facial procedures as desired
Individuals may experience some swelling and bruising after eyelid surgery. A cold compress will help reduce swelling and minimise discomfort. Your vision may be slightly blurry for several days. Saline eye drops will help prevent your eyes from feeling dry. Makeup or glasses may be worn to disguise bruising until it subsides within three weeks after your procedure. Patients are usually able to return to work within one to two weeks. You should only resume regular exercise with Mr Gwanmesia’s approval.
The incisions for upper and lower blepharoplasty are small and discreet. The resulting scars from upper eyelid surgery will be thin and will blend naturally with the creases in the upper eyelids. Similarly, the scars from lower eyelid surgery will be hidden below the lashes or inside the conjunctiva. The extent of scarring that develops can vary depending on your natural healing ability. After both upper and lower blepharoplasty, scarring is minimal, highly inconspicuous, and will fade over time.
Anaesthesia is used during blepharoplasty to ensure a painless experience for the patient. During recovery, minor swelling may cause discomfort. A cold compress and oral pain medications can reduce swelling and improve your comfort as your eyelids heal.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Overall good health
- Realistic expectations about the results
- Signs of ageing around the eyes, such as sagging eyelids, wrinkles, and puffiness
- Signs of ageing around the eyes that create an angry, sad, or tired appearance
- Potential vision impairment caused by excess skin in the upper eyelids
- No significant eye conditions (e.g., glaucoma)
Age: 45 to 50 year old lady
Description: Photos taken at 11 months post op
Procedure: Bilateral lower eyelid blepharoplastyView More Photos
*Results may vary from patient to patient. There is no guarantee of outcome.
For a long time, I was very unhappy with the way my eyelids looked. It made me look older than I was, and made me look very tired. There was also skin hanging from the upper eyelids, and getting in the way of my sight. I became very conscious of it, and it really affected my confidence. I was chatting to a friend who knew a few surgeons. She recommended Mr Gwanmesia, as her daughter had had surgery with him, and he has a very good reputation. After my consultation with him, I immediately decided to go ahead. It has been a year since surgery, and I am very pleased with the outcome. Not only was Mr Gwanmesia very professional, but he was always been there to answer my questions. I feel and look younger, and cannot recommend my surgeon enough.
Contact us to learn more
Fill out the form below or call us at Tel: 02074741300 with any questions or comments you have.