Gynecomastia surgery, more commonly called “male breast reduction,” is a surgical procedure that eliminates enlarged breast tissue in males. This condition is known as gynecomastia and is characterised by localised fat deposits in the chest, excess glandular tissue, and possibly excess breast skin. Male breast reduction surgery permanently eliminates gynecomastia and creates a more attractive chest contour so that men can feel more confident in their bodies.
Improving Your Chest Contours
- Comprised of liposuction plus surgical excision
- Performed on an outpatient basis
- Performed with the patient under general anaesthesia
- Mr Gwanmesia makes minor incisions in the creases beneath the breasts
- Through these small incisions, Mr Gwanmesia performs liposuction to remove excess fat
- Small incisions are placed along the border of the areolas to remove excess glandular tissue via surgical excision
- Excess breast skin may also be removed to flatten the chest
Minor discomfort, bruising, and swelling may be present for the first week or more of recovery. Most men can resume normal work and activities approximately one week after their procedure. To ensure that your body heals properly, avoid exercise for a full month after your surgery. Mr Gwanmesia will provide you with a chest garment that you will need to wear for up to six weeks.
The surgical incisions are typically hidden along the edges of the areolas. Tiny incisions may also be placed along the creases beneath the breast area for liposuction. Any scarring left by these incisions will be minimal and inconspicuous. After the body has healed, scarring is undetectable for many patients.
General anaesthesia prevents pain during gynecomastia surgery. Minor swelling and discomfort may be present during recovery. Medications may be used to reduce pain as your body heals.
Age: 25 – 30 year old male
Description: Photos taken 3 months post op
Procedure: Correction of gynaecomastia by liposuction and liposuction to abdomen and flanksView More Photos
Age: 30 – 35 year old male
Description: Photos taken 1 month post op
Procedure: Correction of gynaecomastiaView More Photos
*Results may vary from patient to patient. There is no guarantee of outcome.
As a young boy, I always felt my breasts looked different to that of my friends. It made me very conscious, to the point where I would refuse to take off my clothes and go swimming with my friends. Three years ago, I went to another Plastic Surgeon, who attempted to correct my male breasts. I felt there was not much difference after the surgery, as my nipples would still poke through my shirts. I met Dr Gwanmesia over a year ago. During the consultation, he made me feel at ease, and clearly explained to me how he would correct my male breasts. A few weeks after that, I underwent a second operation. I have since been very happy with my results. I wish I had the same results after my first surgery. Dr Gwanmesia is a true artist, and I cannot recommend him enough.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Overall good health
- Realistic expectations about the results
- A healthy body weight
- Lack of success in eliminating gynecomastia with diet and exercise
- No steroid abuse
- No likely known, manageable cause for gynecomastia such as a certain medication, hormonal imbalance, or steroid abuse
- Non-smoking or willing to quit for a period of time before and after the procedure
Contact us to learn more
Fill out the form below or call us at Tel: 02074741300 with any questions or comments you have.