Neck lift surgery restores more youthful neck contours by tightening sagging jowls and correcting vertical bands and loose skin on the neck. Many facelift candidates would also benefit from neck lift surgery. This surgical procedure tightens the neck tissues and removes excess skin and fat to create a more youthful neck shape and a more defined jawline.
The benefits of a neck lift include:
- Elimination of Muscle Banding: A neck lift smooths and eliminates vertical muscle bands by tightening the neck muscles.
- Improvement in Jawline Definition: Neck lift surgery removes excess skin to create a more defined, distinct, and youthful jawline.
- Removal of Fat Deposits: A neck lift removes displaced fat from the neck, jawline, and beneath the chin to create more slender definition.
- A More Youthful Appearance: Smoothing the neck and removing muscle bands and excess tissue restores a more youthful profile and appearance.
Ideal candidates for neck lift surgery will meet the following criteria:
- Realistic expectations about the results
- Overall good health
- Sagging jowls with poor jawline definition
- Displaced fat on the neck and lower face
- Muscle banding in the neck
- A desire to look more youthful
Neck Lift Procedure
During neck lift surgery, Mr Gwanmesia will remove sagging skin, get rid of excess fat, and tighten the muscles in the area. Incisions will be placed around the ears and under the chin. The neck lift is often combined with a traditional facelift for full facial and neck rejuvenation.
If you are wondering whether neck lift surgery is right for you, book your consultation with Mr Ivo Gwanmesia. Call our office at 02074741300 or complete out our online contact form to book your appointment with us today.
Schedule A Consultation
Neck Lift FAQ
Both the facelift and neck lift can restore a more youthful appearance. Most patients who need a neck lift have noticeable muscle banding in the neck along with displaced fat and sagging jowls. Those who need only a facelift may have sagging jowls but no neck bands or displaced fat deposits in the neck area. Many patients benefit from undergoing both procedures. Mr Gwanmesia can help you determine which procedure(s) will best meet your needs.
After your procedure, you may experience some discomfort, pain, bruising, and tightness in the neck area. Most discomfort and bruising will resolve within one week, but tightness may last for several months. In most cases, patients can resume work within one or two weeks after surgery. You will also wear a facial garment at night time only for up to six weeks. Patients should carefully follow Mr Gwanmesia’s postoperative instructions and avoid exercise for several weeks.
Results from neck lift surgery can last a long time with a healthy lifestyle. The neck will continue to age over time but will maintain a more youthful appearance than if the procedure had not been undergone.
Neck lift surgery is often combined with facelift surgery and can also be combined with brow lift surgery and other adjunctive procedures.