One of the interesting things about plastic surgery is the seamless integration of cutting-edge technology and surgical procedures. A good example of this is seen in rhinoplasty. In my practice, for example, we have come up with a new concept known as “precision rhinoplasty.”
This refers to outcomes that are both functionally and aesthetically pleasing as well as outcomes that meet the patients’ desires.
Precision rhinoplasty consists of three main components:
- Effective communication: This includes the use of our VECTRA® H1 Handheld 3D Imaging System to find out what the patient desires rather than just obtaining a thorough history and performing a thorough clinical examination.
- Surgical precision: We use cutting-edge technology to perform procedures with precision. The Piezo ultrasonic device is used for dividing the nasal bones, which allows for precise repositioning of the nasal structures.
- Close and regular follow ups: The ability to closely monitor our patients’ recovery and progress at 1 week, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months after surgery.
The benefits of precision rhinoplasty include:
- Better preoperative planning
- Shorter operating times
- Precise execution of the procedure, with better outcomes
- Greater patient satisfaction
Ideal candidates for precision rhinoplasty will meet the following criteria:
- Overall good health
- Realistic expectations about the results
By combining a thorough preparation for the procedure with cutting-edge technology, we certainly have improved our outcomes with greater patient satisfaction. We gain access to the nasal dorsum using an open tip approach. The nasal bones are then modified using the Piezo device, either through an ultrasonic osteoplasty and/or an ultrasonic osteotomy. The nasal tip is also modified as necessary using a cephalic trim and sutures.
With our new ultrasonic device, our rhinoplasty patients have experienced a faster reduction in facial swelling following their procedure.
For more information, please call our office at 02074741300.
Schedule A Consultation