Natural defects or trauma to the nose can significantly alter your nasal appearance. A nose that is disproportionately sized or oddly shaped can have a negative impact on how you view yourself. As the focal point of the face, nasal structure plays an important role is creating an overall attractive facial appearance. If you wish to dramatically improve your appearance by enhancing your nose, rhinoplasty can sculpt a new nasal structure to restore balance and facial beauty. In his practice, Mr Gwanmesia now uses a modern 3D device that enables him to achieve a nasal appearance that allows for the restoration of natural facial balance and harmony.
Enhancing Your Facial Appearance
- An incision is created on the columella (the narrow bridge between the nostrils that connects the tip of the nose to the base)
- The skin is separated from the underlying structural layers of the nose
- Cartilage may be added, repositioned, or removed to custom-shape your nose
- An open incision allows more visibility of the nasal structures, and in some patients, allows for more extensive adjustments
- All incisions are created inside of the nasal cavity, which prevents the development of visible scarring
- The skin is released from the cartilage, and the structures of the nose are shaped
- The closed technique is typically a shorter procedure and requires a less extensive recovery period
- Septoplasty is designed to treat a deviated septum that causes breathing problems
- Deviated septums occur when the cartilage that separates the nasal passages is crooked, obstructing the flow of air in one or both nostrils
- A deviated septum can cause difficulties breathing and intense snoring
- Septoplasty straightens the septum, restoring breathing function
Rhinoplasty Surgery Concerns
You will experience bruising and swelling following your procedure. Ice packs can be applied to help minimise swelling. A nasal cast and splints are used to support the nasal structures during the healing process. Most patients can return to work one week after their procedure. You can resume your regular activities four weeks after your surgery. Major swelling will last six weeks, and minor swelling can last for several more months.
If an open technique is used for your rhinoplasty, you may develop a small scar at the base of your nose. This scar can easily be covered using makeup and is likely to fade over time. A closed rhinoplasty doesn’t result in any visible scarring.
An anaesthetic is used during your rhinoplasty to ensure a painless procedure. Swelling during the recovery process can cause some discomfort. Oral pain medication can be used to control any associated discomfort.
Age: 24 year old female
Description: Photos taken at 5 weeks post op
Procedure: Primary open rhinoplastyView More Photos
Age: 31 – 35 year old female
Description: Photos taken at 7 months post-op
Procedure: Primary RhinoplastyView More Photos
*Results may vary from patient to patient. There is no guarantee of outcome.
Kind, caring, good listener and supportive throughout all surgery before and after. Always took the time to listen to my concerns and was open and honest also giving realistic advice. Thank you
I can only speak very highly of Ivo and have had an excellent experience from my first interaction with him. He spent a significant amount of time discussing what I wanted and how he would achieve this during consultation. This was something other surgeons didn’t do or didn’t give me confidence in them. During the day of the surgery I wasn’t nervous, however Ivo has a very calming persona. The aftercare provided was better than I would have expected and found that should there have been any issues I could have made contact at any time with Ivo. I was unwell unrelated to the surgery, and contacted Ivo late one evening as I was concerned in case the GP needed to be aware of anything. I didn’t expect to hear from him until the following day, however he called that evening to see how I was. This was excellent aftercare beyond my expectations. Ivo has also shared my photos pre and post op.
I met Dr Gwanmesia in February 2015. He was immediately very professional, very trustworthy and he certainly knew what he was talking about. In our first consultation, Dr Gwanmesia examined me and I could tell he knew what he was doing as he was focusing on the parts of my nose that were different. After surgery, he met with my family and clearly explained what he had done and gave them the opportunity to ask questions. My family were very impressed with his professionalism, even though this was the first time they had met him. Dr Gwanmesia has done a great job and I am very grateful that I got the right surgeon for me.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact us to learn more
Fill out the form below or call us at Tel: 02074741300 with any questions or comments you have.